The harmful effects of video games on children
Electronic games have become one of the major means of entertainment for children nowadays, reflecting more negative side effects than positive ones on both kids and family life.
Below is a list of some of the serious downsides that video games can have on our children’s overall well-being:
- Hostility, wrong-doings and anti-social behavior as a result of electronic games with violent content that goes against moral values.
- Psychological issues like chronic anxiety, difficulty concentrating, insomnia, social isolation and depression as the child’s mind becomes preoccupied with such games.
- Low academic performance when doing homework becomes replaced by another round of the game!
- Physical health problems including obesity and chronic back pain due to the lack of movement, in addition to possible vision problems.
- Shaken family ties as the child becomes isolated from his parents and deviated from the moral values to which he has been raised.
Our Word of Advice
Video games can cause no harm to our children as long as we, as mothers, keep a mindful eye on the quality of the games we buy for our little ones and the time they spend playing them. Encouraging our kids to build real social connections is also crucial to guaranteeing that they do not become addicted to the virtual world.